Canada’s Ocean Supercluster (“OSC”) is an innovative and imaginative organization with national scope that is ensuring we as Canadians, achieve sustainable economic growth in our ocean-based industries while preserving the health and protection of one of our greatest natural resources.
The OSC collaborates with investors and partners from across ocean industries to develop and commercialize innovative solutions and create growth opportunities within Canada’s ocean economy, delivering cross-sectoral solutions, building a strong global ocean brand, and increasing Canada’s ocean workforce. Our organizational values diversity, creativity, ambition, collaboration, and inclusion. The OSC has a team of over 25 employees across seven provinces and growing.
The Ocean Supercluster creates new business opportunities for large-scale companies (anchor firms) as well as small to medium size entities (SMEs). It promotes and facilitates new partnerships between businesses, research institutions, and academia, helping them to undertake new business initiatives, develop and market innovative products, and become part of new and existing supply chains. OSC supports organizations to be globally competitive, expand into new markets and to significantly grow the ocean economy.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Reporting to the Director, Project Delivery and Intellectual Property, the project analyst will work within the project delivery team. The project analyst will support all aspects of project delivery focused on tracking and reporting on project portfolio status to key stakeholders including the project delivery team, senior leadership team and the Board on an on-going basis.
The OSC currently has a portfolio of over 80 projects with almost $400 million in project value and close to 300 project partners. With projects led across Canada this creates an exciting opportunity for a project analyst to get to know a broad array of ocean sectors and companies and apply their project management and analytics skills supporting strong delivery of project outcomes.
- Support reporting to key stakeholders including project activity reporting throughout project lifecycle with specific focus at project initiation and completion
- Engage with members to collect key data as required
- Perform portfolio analyses and support key performance indicator collection and reporting
- Support and strengthen organizational data management and information exchange initiativesincluding intellectual property and data registries, as required
- Work with broader team on KPIs including efforts related to automating processes for data collection, data entry, reporting and continuous improvement initiatives across Salesforce applications.
- Support collection of data on project milestones to promote on the OSC website and in social media campaigns
- Support broader activities and initiatives within the project delivery team as required
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Commitment to working as part of diverse teams to deliver outcomes
- Experience in project delivery
- Curiosity to identify reporting opportunities for unique portfolio outcomes
- Passion for working in a dynamic, innovative environment and supporting successful project outcomes
- Knowledge of salesforce
- Focus on data accuracy
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a remote work environment
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience project reporting
- PMP would be an asset
- Experience or excitement working in the ocean sector would be an asset
We are excited to continue building our team with experienced, diverse professionals who are passionate about realizing Canada’s opportunity and growing the ocean economy in a digital, sustainable, and inclusive way.
Apply Now: Submit your cover letter and CV in confidence to HR@oceansupercluster.ca