Canada’s Ocean Supercluster (OSC) is an innovative and imaginative organization with national scope that is ensuring we as Canadians, achieve sustainable economic growth in our ocean-based industries while preserving the health and protection of one of our greatest natural resources. The OSC’s mandate is to collaborate with investors and partners from across ocean industries to develop and commercialize innovative solutions to shared challenges. The OSC guides ideas from the conceptual to the actual; partnering with industries who have big goals and innovative concepts. Actualizing these ideas is our passion and the process is our mission. Our organizational values include creativity, inclusion, collaboration, and inclusion. To learn more, click www.oceansupercluster.ca.
The OSC has a team of over 25 employees across six provinces and growing. We are looking for an innovative thinker to drive our HR agenda and contribute to the growth, retention and development of the team supporting the ocean economy and the health of the planet. Reporting to, and working with, our CAO, the successful candidate will be our primary HR lead across a variety of areas and help drive our HR agenda and take ownership of key HR activities and initiatives. With a number of HR programs and initiatives in place, we are looking for someone to take lead and make recommendations to build on what is already in place. This is an exciting role that will help shape HR at the OSC and provide value across a variety of areas for the organization.
• Formulate, lead and execute recruitment and retention strategies to attract and retain talent
• Drive our performance management and employee engagement programs
• Deliver and shape our learning and growth plan
• Oversee our onboarding and offboarding programs
• Participate in the OSC’s EDI committee and with implementation of our EDI plan
• Play an active role on the OSC’s social committee
• Assist with planning staff retreats and offsites
• Drive reporting and maximize the use of data/usage of HR systems
• Enhance existing HR policies, systems and processes, creating new policies and processes as required
• Drive OSC’s internal communications as it pertains to talent and HR
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
• 5-10 years of relevant hands-on experience in HR across a variety of functional areas including performance management
• Relevant university degree (e.g., Business/Commerce) with a concentration in Human Resource
• Experience leading and designing programs or enhancing elements of existing programs and policies
• Familiarity with (or experience) establishing and executing talent strategies
• Comfortable working both with senior teams and junior staff members
• Ability to connect and easily forge relationships with staff
• Comfortable working remotely and engaging virtually with key stakeholders
• Self-starter who can work independently to successfully deliver outcomes
• HR designation would be considered an asset
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM?
• We are excited to continue building our team with experienced professionals who are passionate about realizing Canada’s opportunity and growing the ocean economy in a digital, sustainable, and inclusive way.
• We pride ourselves on our core values – creativity, inclusion, collaboration, and ambition.
• We offer an attractive Total Compensation package which includes competitive salaries, group RRSP, comprehensive health benefits, and professional development opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY: https://www.jumpcareers.ca/bullhorn/#/jobs/1106