Canada’s Ocean Supercluster
Canada’s Ocean Supercluster is an innovative and imaginative organization with national scope that is ensuring we as Canadians, achieve sustainable economic growth in our ocean-based industries while preserving the health and protection of one of our greatest natural resources.
The OSC’s mandate is to collaborate with investors and partners from across ocean industries to develop and commercialize innovative solutions to shared challenges. The OSC guides ideas from the conceptual to the actual; partnering with industries who have big goals and innovative concepts. Actualizing these ideas is our passion and the process is our mission. Our organizational values include creativity, inclusion, collaboration, and inclusion.
About the candidate:
The OSC has a team of over 25 employees across six provinces and growing. We are looking for an innovative thinker to drive our HR agenda and contribute to the growth, retention and development of the team supporting the ocean economy and the health of the planet. Reporting to, and working with, our CAO, the successful candidate will be our primary HR lead across a variety of areas and help drive our HR agenda and take ownership of key HR activities and initiatives. With a number of HR programs and initiatives in place, we are looking for someone to take lead and make recommendations to build on what is already in place. This is an exciting role that will help shape HR at the OSC and provide value across a variety of areas for the organization.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead and oversee recruitment and hiring
- Drive our performance management and employee engagement programs
- Deliver and shape our learning and growth plan
- Oversee our onboarding and offboarding programs
- Participate in the OSC’s EDI committee and with implementation of our EDI plan
- Play an active role on the OSC’s social committee
- Assist with planning staff retreats and offsites
- Drive reporting and maximize the use of data/usage of HR systems
- Help enhance existing HR policies, systems and processes, creating new policies and processes as required
- Formulate employee retention strategies and approaches to retain talent
- Drive OSC’s internal communications as it pertains to talent and HR
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in HR across a variety of functional areas including performance management
- Experience leading/designing programs or enhancing elements of existing programs/policies
- Familiarity with (or experience) establishing and executing talent strategies
- Comfortable working both with senior teams and junior staff members
- Ability to connect and easily forge relationships with staff
- Comfortable working remotely and engaging virtually with key stakeholders
- A self-starter, who can work independently to successfully deliver outcomes
We are excited to continue building our team with experienced professionals who are passionate about realizing Canada’s opportunity and growing the ocean economy in a digital, sustainable, and inclusive way.
Apply Now: HR@oceansupercluster.ca.